LAZY MOM’S NIGHTTIME SKINCARE ROUTINE



Looking for an affordable nighttime skincare routine that is easy and works well for all skin types? Read on for my favorite Aveeno skin care products available at iHerb.com and most major drugstores.

If I’m being completely honest, my skincare routine tanked with my first pregnancy. The last thing I wanted to do before going to bed was wash my face, let alone apply moisturizers and serums. Sometimes I didn’t even make it off the couch at night to go to bed. Occasional breakouts occurred prior to pregnancy, but I was blessed with surprisingly good skin during both of my pregnancies thus supporting my decision to forgo all attempts at maintaining my skin.

Four years, two babies and many signs of aging later I realize that was not the best plan at all. Having kids usually means our needs fall to the back-burner, but I’m finally at the point where I’m dedicating more time to my health and beauty needs.

Feeling lost and brand new to the skincare game I did some research and found iHerb as Google Trusted Store. They sell over 35,000 products, shipping to over 160 countries while supporting 10 different languages. Crazy right!? Surely they would have something for me to start with. I also liked that they have an option to try a product & save money by selecting the sample size.

PLUS (this is a big plus to me) free shipping over $20 which is definitely attainable. When you’re in unfamiliar territory you kind of go with what you’ve heard of before, so I started with Aveeno products. I selected a handful of products to gently ease myself into a manageable night-time routine and I’m loving the change in my skin!

5-MINUTE NIGHTTIME SKINCARE ROUTINE


1. Remove your makeup.  Using the Aveeno Active Naturals Wipes remove all your face and eye makeup. Even when I choose to only do this step at night my skin is able to breathe. These wipes contain moisture-rich natural soy extract leaving your skin feeling smooth.

2. Wash your face. I like to get my face good and clean before applying any creams. My face naturally has a redness tone to it and the Aveeno soap-free foaming cleanser helps reduce that look without drying it out. Wet your face slightly and put 1-2 pumps of the foaming cleanser either on your hand or a clean washcloth. Wash thoroughly, rinse and pat dry.

3. Apply a tone corrector. Years of non-maintenance has left me with some dark sun and aging spots. Using the Aveeno Targeted Tone Corrector with Vitamin A has definitely started reducing those spots and should continue to do so with just a few drops in my trouble areas.

4. Apply a nighttime moisturizer.  Confession: I never really knew the difference between a typical lotion, day cream or night cream. Eek! Running around with kids and stressing about every little thing can really do a number on our skin. The Aveeno Active Naturals nighttime moisture infusion replenishes the moisture barrier while nurturing your skin with vitamins A, C, & E allowing you to wake up with refreshed skin each day. Apply the night cream over your entire face and neck.

I wasn’t really interested in creating a lengthy process at night and honestly some nights I’ll just grab a makeup remover cloth as I get in bed. But I still count it as progress. The goal is to do this nighttime skincare routine at least 5 days a week. If you want to give some of these products a try (and I think you should obvi!) you’ll receive 10% off your Aveeno orders by purchasing through here.

Some other products I’ve been loving are the Aveeno moisturizing bar, daily moisturizer with SPF 15, and the skin brightening daily scrub. The scrub is really refreshing and helps wake me up in the morning.

DO YOU HAVE A NIGHTTIME SKIN CARE ROUTINE? IF NOT, WHAT ARE SOME OF THE CHALLENGES YOU FACE? LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW! YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY OUR POST ON WINTER SKINCARE TIPS.

LihatTutupKomentar